Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 10, 2013

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b140us 15.6-Inch Deals

By Louie the Italian Jew "Lou da Joo" (New York, NY) -
This review is from: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b140us 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I was really expecting a budget no frills computer for the price I paid (four hundred). I've seen the price go up, and to me is just too much at that price, and that's the reason there aren't any reviews. This computer works super fast, and is super responsive with the latest operating system. It looks like a five hundred to six hundred dollar laptop, but at six bills you can pick a laptop up which is either a convertible, has a touch screen, has the upgraded Beats soundcard, and the best feature of all, a backlit keypad.
This basic no frills laptop doesn't have any of that, and it has last years i3 CPU (graphics are more suitable for surfing the web). I've heard people complain about the keypads on this model, and that was my biggest concern. I was happy to find that the keypads weren't bad, and the letter spacing is fine.
I've also read a lot about people getting accustomed to Windows 8. Windows 8 is totally different from any other operating system. Win95,98,2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 are all the same. Windows 8 is completely different, and believe me you'll need to buy Windows 8 For Dummies. I did.
If the price is right (four hundred is what I paid), I'd recommend purchasing this, but if the price is comparable to a CPU with an i5, or an Ultrabook, I'd recommend going with the laptop with more features. This laptops best feature is its slimness, portability and its looks. Happy shopping!

Update 4/19/2013: From reading articles online, I'd conclude that it would be wise to hold off on purchasing a laptop for the next 6 months, if possible. There will be a dramatic price drop on touch laptops in the next 2 quarters, and the touch market laptops will be designed with the Bay Trail Atom chip . Windows 8 was designed for touch. The laptop I am reviewing just got caught between the transition phase.

 By Clement Ho "hohoho" (San Francisco, CA) -
This review is from: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b140us 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
HP does it finally. it is a good laptop with a great price. for 15.6 inches i3 core. it is a good bargain laptop in sub $500 range. Windows 8 is a pain to use. but it is just the matter of getting used to it. No big deal. We learn thing all the time anyway. Why not 1 more and beside, as long as click on Desktop, everything look the same again. But I hoped that I would able to shutdown and restart as before instead now Alt-F4.....
that's weird.
anyway, HP itself is good, light weight, very thin for me. With a HDMI output that's a little surprise for me. I guess I need to buy a DVI and HDMI cable for my monitor. So far, it is a good laptop and I am a mobile app developer and it has a good screen for me to do my work.
By WHarrison -
This review is from: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b140us 15.6-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I got this as a replacement laptop. Warning: It comes with Windows 8, which is a learning curve. It also doesn't have a DVD/CD player. So far, I haven't needed them. I like the light weigh and thinness of the laptop. I also like the closed keyboard (meaning although the keys are spaced as they should be the space is covered so it's less likely to get dust and food particles down underneath the keyboard.

The laptop is fast enough for my needs and I'm pleased with my purchase and the low price (Amazon had an "add to your cart to see the price" sale that put it at a lower price than the next one down in this line, which was nice.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét