Chủ Nhật, 20 tháng 10, 2013

HP Pavilion g7-2222us 17.3-Inch Deals

By Polly - (CA)
This review is from: HP Pavilion g7-2222us 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
We bought this laptop for my mom who is 82. She's quite computer literate for an old lady! She's mastered Windows 8 already! She just needs it for word processing and internet use (yes, she's on FB!) so this laptop is fine for her. It's a good value for a basic laptop! Not for gaming or anything high-tech, but fine for her!

 By Frank A. Wheeler "adroit pond man" (Dallas, GA)

This review is from: HP Pavilion g7-2222us 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
My desktop computer is 17.5 inches so I thought a laptop that large would have a fare sized keyboard. It don't and they moved the location of important keys in relation to your hand position. They marked the 'F' keys as if they were a secret. The keyboard has reduced me to a hunt and peck typist.
The computer itself is quite satisfactory and has only one draw back. That is that it comes with Windows 8 (no choice and no disk). I have been using Windows for over twenty five years through many revisions. At 76, I can still hold my own on a PC, but this Windows 8 has stopped me in my tracks. I am just getting in programs and info that should have been done by the second day. HP and MS solve any question by putting the computer back to the condition that it arrived in. Windows 8 does not have a restore point that can be set and returned to. The preloaded data keeps trying to sell you something and there are no straight answers on how to backup your hard earned settings for retrieval. It is too big a step to go from a PC to this Pavillion and a crazy operating system like Windows 8.
If I could return it, I would, although there is nothing wrong with the computer other that the keyboard and the fact that I could not get my McAfee downloaded for hours and hours and could have gotten infected as the router setup was almost immediate. The viewing screen can not be taken past 90 degrees and makes you look at it from and angle. I fixed that by turning the laptop 'Targus' cooler backward and angling the keyboard. That didn't bother me as its layout has reduced me to hunt and peck.
I give HP (A good company) three stars and MS a minus three stars for trying to be a Macintosh, which I love but can not afford.
By D. Snow (SF Bay, CA)

This review is from: HP Pavilion g7-2222us 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
`
A decent PC for the price, but there are several negat1ves to be aware of:

network port is NOT gigabit, it is only 10/100. So if you will be copying large files to this PC over a wired gigabit network (as most people do these days), then the transfer rate will be SLOW.

The keyboard lacks the standard inverted-T layout for the arrow keys. Most people that use the arrow keys for navigating spreadsheets, gaming, etc would consider the inverted-T arrangement very important.

Users Manual on the HP site is one-size fits all, it is NOT specific to this model of PC. Much of what is in the manual does not pertain to this PC.

Downloadable drivers on the HP site are for 64-bit Windows 8 only. So if you want to install Windows 7 on this PC, you could have a problem.

How long does the battery last? The answer is anyone's guess, because HP does not mention this anywhere. Also, what is the replacement lithium battery pack for this PC? Who knows, because the HP website does not have this information either.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét